The Dangers of Going It Alone
You've heard the adage that asking for help somehow means being "weak," "not smart enough," or "dependent." Yet in this world, we never truly do things on our own -- as leaders, parents, family members, colleagues, and friends, the connection and engagement with others keeps us healthy and happy.
If you find a tenant or a family member who has gotten overwhelmed with cleaning, decluttering or managing their household safety, this is definitely not a time to go it alone.
On a practical level, while you want to help the person right away by potentially cleaning a cluttered and unsanitary space, it may lead to a host of additional issues, such as:
- The spread of viruses or bacteria possibly being inhaled without proper ventilation equipment.
- Bedbugs or other insects taking an unintended trip on your clothing to your own home or other spaces.
- Contaminants that can cause physical harm without proper disposal.
- Feeling overwhelmed yourself and experiencing more stress and anxiety.
Please contact us to remove the hazards for you -- that way you don't waste time trying to figure out what you don't know, and you'll have more time to do the things that matter.
At Bio-One of Columbus, our trained technicians will:
- Remain discreet, using unmarked vehicles and honoring special requests
- Communicate with you every step of the way and follow up with questions
- Properly dispose of any waste gathered at the site
Breast Cancer Awareness Month
October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. In honor of this month and our newsletter theme of Asking for Help, we offer this information and reminders as a way to support all of us in our health journey.
Statistics about Breast Cancer
- Breast cancer caused 685,000 deaths globally in 2020.
- Roughly half of all breast cancers occur in women with no specific risk factors other than sex and age.
- Breast cancer occurs in every country in the world.
- Approximately 0.5–1% of breast cancers occur in men.
Signs & Symptoms
Breast cancer can have combinations of symptoms, especially when it is more advanced. Most people will not experience any symptoms when the cancer is still early.
Symptoms of breast cancer can include:
- a breast lump or thickening, often without pain
- change in size, shape or appearance of the breast
- dimpling, redness, pitting or other changes in the skin
- change in nipple appearance or the skin surrounding the nipple (areola)
- abnormal or bloody fluid from the nipple.
Please seek medical care if you find a lump in your breast, even if the lump does not hurt.
Most breast lumps are not cancer. Breast lumps that are cancerous are more likely to be successfully treated when they are small and have not spread to nearby lymph nodes. Be sure to do your breast self-exam monthly and reach out for medical advice asap if you find a lump.
Bio-One of Columbus is a leader in crime scene cleanup and biohazard decontamination services in Columbus. Our technicians are highly skilled and have been trained on OSHA's safety standards.
Bio-One of Columbus continues to be the most passionate and caring company in the cleaning services industry.
For more information, visit us at https://bioonecolumbus.com/